Friday, November 9, 2012

Food for the Soul.

Doesn't everyone have a favorite fall/winter meal? One that's warm and makes you feel perfectly full and you could just curl up on the couch with a good movie and a bowl or plate of it? I know I do :) My friend, Summer, is from Louisiana and introduced me to corn & crawfish chowder and I've been in love with it ever since! I decided to share the recipe with you today :)

First, I'm sure you're all "where the hell can I get crawfish?" Most Super Walmarts have it actually! It's in the frozen seafood section and looks like this:


You just need one bag per batch. Obviously more if you double or triple recipes.


The Recipe:
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 stick butter
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 lb. Crawfish tails
2 cans Niblet corn with juice
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 pint of half & half

Sauté onions in butter. Add cream cheese, corn, potato soup, and crawfish (make sure the cheese 
doesn't stick to the bottom). Add cream and stir. Heat until crawfish are warm.

**Very important: Do NOT drain crawfish. The juice is very important in flavoring your chowder!



In other news, I rearranged the living room :) and I've gotta say I LOVE throw pillows. The room is so open now and I finally got a little basket to put Noahs toys in so they aren't scattered everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment